FTF Rongel (original OT only)

Gamma Ray Burst

Gamma Ray Burst

Mario Feliciano’s Rongel is officially available as OpenType now. I am requesting it in original condition. Rongel and Merlo are so amazing. I just see, that the OT version of Rongel seems to be cheaper than the old version, € 180 for the six styles.

http://www.felicianotypefoundry.com/cms/order-fonts

“Upgrading to OpenType from old Postscript fonts

Previous licensees of legacy PostScript Type 1 fonts can upgrade to OpenType for a small fee. Contact us by email for details.”

The OT version of Rongel seems to contain much more characters.

http://www.felicianotypefoundry.com/cms/fonts/rongel?page=4

And those FTF fonts, that are not yet available as OpenType, will be available as OpenType somewhere in 2010.

http://www.felicianotypefoundry.com/cms/

Naturally I am also interested in the official OpenType version of Merlo, when it is available.

Gamma Ray Burst

Mmh, I am relatively sure, that I already had bumped my request for the original OT version of Rongel one time according to the rules – after a week or more.

Bump.

Gamma Ray Burst

Bump for the original OT version of Rongel.

Gamma Ray Burst

Gamma Ray Burst

@ Dick Pape

These ones are probably my homemade version (I did not compare the checksums):

Rongel-v2-Bold.otf

Rongel-v2-BoldItalic.otf

Rongel-v2-Italic.otf

Rongel-v2-Roman.otf

Rongel-v2-SemiBold.otf

Rongel-v2-SemiBoldItalic.otf

They contain the info, that they are homemade! Although my homemade versions of Rongel and Merlo are almost perfect and in a better condition as many original fonts, I am searching for the originals.

Gamma Ray Burst

@ angelica

I hope this is of some use

No. At least not as reply to my request. As I already said in the share thread: I have invested weeks in merging dozens of sub styles of Rongel and Merlo, fixing bugs, that Mario has made (That’s normal!), programming OpenType features and so on. So I am for sure not interested in any conversion or Type 1 fonts, that are more simple than my conversion. In fact Merlo and Rongel, that I have provided, should not be called conversions. Mario Feliciano could not do that better than me. I want to have the original OT version of Rongel, because it contains more glyphs and probably Mario has added kerning pairs.

Gamma Ray Burst

Gamma Ray Burst

@ ishottheserif

The original OT version contains exactly three weights (six styles totally). I can understand, if anyone thinks, that my homemade version is original (if he does not have a look into the version info), but the one, which you have posted, is obviously not original, because it contains the regular weight only, which is split into more styles. I had spent a lot of time for piecing these styles together.

Gamma Ray Burst

Another bump for the original OT version of Rongel 2. Mario Feliciano has extended the character set, when he has built the OT version of Rongel 2. And the price of it is much lower, if the font set is ordered from the website of Feliciano (http://www.felicianotypefoundry.com/cms/fonts/rongel), but not from village. The full set, consisting of six styles, costs 180 and the four-styles-set costs 130 Euro. If anyone provides the four-style-set, I can build the two semibold styles, because Mario has used the regular and the bold style as multiple master and my rebuilt semibold styles would be almost original (as far as if he has build them in the same way as in the Type1 version of Rongel 2), although I naturally also would like to have the two semibold styles in original condition.

Gamma Ray Burst