Alter Littera

Multivac

Is there anyone who has fonts from Alter Littera?

Here are the typefaces they offer on MySpace so far:

• Alter Gotisch
  • Caslon Gotisch
  • Deutsche Schrift
  • Gutenberg B
  • Gutenberg C
  • Initials ATF Missal Caxton
  • Initials Bergling A
  • Initials Gothic C
  • Psalterium

warbeagle

Does anyone have a copy of Alter Littera's Caslon Gotisch? I see they no longer offer it, but a little Googling shows it was once posted at PrintRoot.

2wf4ktx.jpg

warbeagle
It still is available although under a new name. There are just too many Caslon Gotisch out there

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/alterlittera/alter-gotisch/

I have not seen it here yet

Thanks, but they are two different fonts. I pulled that image when it was available on MyFonts, and you can see the G is quite different from the one in the Alter Gotisch image. MyFonts took the font down (and so did AL), but left up an article referring to it here. It says Caslon Gotisch is "a faithful adaptation of the "Caslon-Gotisch" type acquired (among several other types) by D. Stempel A.G. in 1919 from the Leipzig printer Wilhelm E. Drugulin". Alter Gotisch, meanwhile, according to its info page, is an original font by Alter Littera. Probably all the fonts that start with "Alter" are their own design.

Toto
Thanks, but they are two different fonts. I pulled that image when it was available on MyFonts, and you can see the G is quite different from the one in the Alter Gotisch image. MyFonts took the font down (and so did AL), but left up an article referring to it here. It says Caslon Gotisch is "a faithful adaptation of the "Caslon-Gotisch" type acquired (among several other types) by D. Stempel A.G. in 1919 from the Leipzig printer Wilhelm E. Drugulin". Alter Gotisch, meanwhile, according to its info page, is an original font by Alter Littera. Probably all the fonts that start with "Alter" are their own design.

I switched between Printroot and MyFonts and compared the previews and they looked the same. I had another look just now and they realized that they are different. The UCs are not the same and the font Caslon Gotisch is lighter compared to Alter Gotisch. Tired eyes played tricks on me. :(

Aside from Caslon Gotisch, Initials ATF Missal Caxton is also no longer available. The only reference to the two fonts at the Later Littera site is on its news page entry for 2012.09.11 http://www.alterlittera.com/al_htm/about/news.htm