100 Greatest Free Fonts of 2012

warbeagle

warbeagle

Collection from awwwards.com

Info

Download Part 1 (42 MB)

Fonts and previews of the first 49 (There are really only 99, because they listed Metro twice)

You also get previews of the other 50, so you can decide whether you want to bother downloading the 2nd half (after I finish it)

If you regularly follow Behance, FontFabric, Google, Lost Type Co-Op, and the League of Movable Type, you will already have the vast majority of this collection, which is oriented towards text and headline type.

In this portion: Abril, Adelle, Archive, Arvo, Bender, Blanch, Bobber(ai), Bree Serif, Cabin, Cassannet, Collator, Duke, Exo, Fabrica, Farrerons Serif Light, Fertigo Pro Regular, Forum, Geared, Hagin, Haymaker, Henry, Homestead, Intro, Junction, Jura, Lato, Lavanderia, Ledger, Linden Hill, Lobster, Mensch, Merge Light, Museo Slab 500, Narrator, Noticia Text, Ostrich Sans, Poly, Prociono, Quattrocento, Raleway, Ranger, Rawengulk, RB No2 Lt, Sorts Mill Goudy, Valentina, Weston, Wisdom Script, Zaguatica

warbeagle

OK, here's the 2nd half, which is mostly display fonts

Part 2 (about 63 MB) (reply if there's a problem with this link - I had to reup)

This part includes Adamas, Adec, Age, Alt Aeon, Alt Retro, Banda, Barata, Bemio, Bohema, Chrome, Claire Hand, Code, Dekar, Dosis, Egypt22 (listed as Foxy), Facet, Five Minutes, Frontage, Gota, Habana, Hero, Hyperbola, Infinity, Jockey, Kabel, Legion Slab, Linguina, Lorena, Matilde, Metropolis, Mod, Muncie, Neu Eichmass, Nomed, Nougatine, Novecento, Null, Piron, Portal, Qub, Rex, Ribbon, Sansita, Satellite, Sketchetik, Static, Stitching Type (.ai only - the whole vector package was more than 40 MB by itself), Telefono, Tetra, Val

"Wow," you say, "those guys sure like FontFabric. I don't need all that crap, just give me the new ones." OK. I don't know what's new to you, but these were either new to me or they're no longer available for free download. This slim (less than 2 MB) download includes Barata, Bohema Reg Alt, Claire Hand (more weights than DaFont offers), Legion Slab, and Satellite. If you want something else, you can always download them separately.

http://ge.tt/2ggblyb/v/0?c

"New fonts for 2012?" you say, "Most of this stuff is from 2011. Don't you have anything newer?" OK, here's the stuff from 2013 that was on the same page, but I'm warning you: they're still hung up on FontFabric.

New fonts for 2013 (7 MB) - Barkentina, Casper, Flex Display, Futuracha (vector), Lintel, Multicolore, Prime, Signika, Sreda

FontSeeker

The 100 Greatest Free Fonts for 2014

www.awwwards.com/the-100-greatest-free-fonts-for-2014.html

The latest collection of the top 100 best free typefaces

MARCH 05

By awwwards-team

Here we are, once again, with our now-famous selection of the top 100 free fonts for 2014. This year we have only selected fonts published or updated in late 2013 and 2014, giving you one of the most up-to-date lists around. The majority are completely free with licenses for commercial use; the odd few available for personal use only have extended license options at a very reasonable price. The free font list comprises both entire font families and single weight downloads; either way, there is something for everyone and we think you'll love the ones we have picked out for you.

Whole package available here (118.45 MB) : http://www.datafilehost.com/d/be962928

Enjoy!

FS