Futura webfont

FontFetish

FontFetish

Hey Guys,

Anyone has the genuine webfont version to share of Futura? Just converting the otfs doesnt render great unfortunately.

TIA! icon14.png

†Ryuk†

May be googling with some expressions such as "futura.woff" would worth a shot. To get the real one, I guess you'd first have to identify a legitimate source and name (for instance FuturaLTW1G-Bd.woff) for the official web versions of Futura.

FontFetish

Yes I already tried that myself and stumbled on those sites too, but like you said, theres no way of knowing those are originals, so I wanted to try my luck here.. :)

parv

what weights of Linotype Futura do you want? I can rip the webfonts from fonts.com if you want (original .woff and .ttf)

FontFetish

That would be awesome parv! Light, Book, medium and bold will suffice, no italics needed either :) thanks!

†Ryuk†

Now you have an "official" (ripped ;) version, I'm really interested to have some feedback on this version and how actually it renders. Is it really better than the others? Will move this starting discussion into the according section afterwards.

FontFetish
Now you have an "official" (ripped ;) version, I'm really interested to have some feedback on this version and how actually it renders. Is it really better than the others? Will move this starting discussion into the according section afterwards.

Sadly it still renders a bit of jagged edges, especially on smaller sizes :( Is that because it still is a ripped version? I've seen some sites use webfonts that really render perfect, even at small sizes, so there must be a difference with the true originals.

BlazerMan

@FontFetish,

Futura Light, Book, Medium & Bold | 4 x WOFF & 4 x EOT

Try & njoy..these & let me learn the results :)

http://ge.tt/6JprH9l/v/0

Cheers!!

--

For more about my customised webfonts,

Our valued member Ocean has used my webfonts, So he would be in a position to throw more light on QC

ShotShot

The Linotype version of Futura is one of the worst ever, be it on screen or for printing (terribad kerning, lots of overshoot, poor hinting). Maybe try with the ones by ParaType, Bitstream, URW++...

†Ryuk†

To me, main difficulty is to use fonts which have not been designed for screen purpose and Futura is one them. Most of them simply not render nicely, even playing with font size/size unit (or you're a lucky guy ;).

There are also many factors to consider:

- browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE 7, 8, 9...) render fonts differently

- platforms and devices: tablets, mobiles (iPhone, Blackberry, Google Phone, Windows Phone...)

- modern webdesign requirements (responsive and adaptive design) can be hardly reached using non WF versions

- print ≠ screen

- readibility

- accessibility

treon

Is there any webfont of Futura Lt Pro available? The webfonts here do not work.