e-types Berlingske (original)

pxl

pxl

Looking 4 ORIGINAL Berlingske type family

Versions shared previously before were fine, but have many glyphs missing especially ciryllic - such as in Display Medium Cond^ and etc.

Looking for original or rip with full glyph set

Thank u))

pxl

pxl

Sorry - waz in a rush - made a mistake - i meant Serif Condenced Medium^ 4 example

2 be correct the problem is: In Font Lab - all glyphs are @the place - r there. But in Adobe (Indesign, Illustrator) - some glyphs are missing (Such as cyrillic "Н" or "П")

what is the reason 4 that?

thank u

really looking 4 an answer

khaosliberation

pxl... whether you are a male or female, I don't care... I could kiss you... after all this time, you seem to be the first member of the forum to actually experiment with these fonts...

... no you are not losing your mind... all the characters are indeed present (visible in fontlab or in your font manager), but some characters seem to disappear in apps such as illustrator or indesign... this is due to fontlab defaults in compiling complex typefaces is set to "use subroutines to compress outlines"... just recompile with this option switched to "off"... I am away from my hard drive right now... will upload a recompiled set later today...

... this happens more often in complex fonts with extensive number of characters and cyrillic characters, such as the berlingske families and typotheque fonts, etc...

cheers,

khaos

pxl

khaos, cheers)

will be waiting for your share !!!

best,

pxl

Pylon
(edited)

These were shared with me as "originals" by a good friend but wanted to get your opinion on them and hopefully somebody could confirm or debunk their authenticity since I don't think it'd be necessary to post another WR of Berlingske Serif as Parv's share of the 'Untouched Webfonts' has just as many glyphs.

Edited by †Ryuk†

parv
(edited)

I think there's a chance they're originals. I once found 2 styles of Berlingske Serif that I believe to be original too. One of them is also in your share and identical:

Also, in webfonts some typical glyphs are often renamed compared to the desktop version. For instance: 'periodcentered' becomes 'middot' in the webfont version. Same thing goes for 'dcroat' > 'dslash' - 'macron' > 'overscore' and maybe a few more. Your share seems to follow the desktop conventions.

It's a bit strange that 2 styles have a file size that's twice as big as the other styles, but it doesn't have to mean anything per se.

Edited by †Ryuk†

Pylon
(edited)

Hmmm, I hadn't noticed the significant difference in file size. Really glad that (at least) our files matched up as I had been apprehensive to share these 'condition unknown' files because I thought the files would be digitally signed. These were also shared with me from the same batch but they're incomplete.

Edited by †Ryuk†